- 6 tbs / 84g coconut oil
- 1/4 cup / 90g golden syrup (or honey or agave syrup)
- 2 cups / 220g oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup / 50ml water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup / 55g dark vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Cream the coconut oil and golden syrup together.
- Sieve in the oat flour and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Add the water and vanilla and continue mixing.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Optional: Place in fridge for at least an hour to set.
- Roll into evenly sized balls and flatten onto baking sheet.
- Bake in centre of oven until lightly golden and crispy on top.
If you decide to try out this recipe let me know how it goes! I love the crispy, crumbly texture these cookies have but my favourite part is the subtle coconut flavour. How do you like your cookies? Do you prefer them chewy, crumbly or crunchy? Let me know and until next time, stay fresh!