It often happens that I get hungry all of a sudden. I forget to eat until I feel almost weak with the hunger. When this happens I need something quick and nutritious. Unless I have a can of baked beans I don’t have a bunch of vegan options that feel wholesome and satisfying. At times like this I make my basic pasta dish in tomato.
- 45g dried pasta
- 150ml Crushed tomato
- 1 clove of garlic
- half an onion
- 1 large chopped tomato
- half a bell pepper
- cashew nuts
- sunflower seeds
- Boil water in a pot and add pasta. Cook uncovered until al dente (approx. 12 mins).
- Sauté the veg. and chopped tomato in oil until just softening.
- Combine the crushed tomatoes, basil and garlic.
- Add tomato mixture to vegetables and stir.
- Finally add the pasta, nuts and seeds and mix everything together.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh basil.
Feel free to add some chicken or tofu to your preference for added protein. I’m happy with the seeds and nuts, personally!
Do you have a favourite go-to dish? What do you crave when you’re suddenly struck by hunger? Let me know in the comments!